Thursday, December 15, 2016

Chapter Ten



Tristan became a ruthless king, punishing people for the smallest infraction, those that once hailed him as a savior, now feared him. Just as Cecily had been forced into marriage, Tristan forced Emma and Juliana to marry as well, marrying them off to others of his kind, all three of my girls had been taken to different lands. Lands that Tristan had conquered and given to the most loyal among his kind.

I tried to do what I could to help my people, using what influence I still had to free those who had committed minor infractions from the jail, all in a effort to undermine Tristan.

My efforts were in vain, as Tristan found out. I was forced to watch as he publicly killed the man I had freed. Announcing to all who were made to gather there that he was king, and I had no more authority, upon his decree, everyone bowed acknowledging his authority. My power was gone, I had to find a way to stop Tristan.




For many years now, Tristan has sat on the throne. The kingdom is in ruins, the people need their TRUE king. I fear you are the only one who can save us. Your time has come...



No comments:

Post a Comment