Saturday, July 2, 2016

Chapter Two

The months passed and I found myself ill again, though this was a different kind of illness, this was the kind that came with the new life growing inside me. Merek was pleased when I told him the news, he was hoping for a son, though he was worried since the fever had taken a toll on me, and didn't want to take a chance of anything happening to the baby, so I was ordered to bed for the entirety of my pregnancy









 When my pains came, Merek insisted on being present for the birth of his firstborn. The baby was born backwards, with his legs being born first. It was a difficult birth, but as soon as Merek saw that it was a boy, the elation on his face made it all worth it. At that moment, before his eyes had opened, he was named. Tristan, first born of Merek and heir to Lanos. He had the most beautiful dark hair, though both Merek and I had light. He was placed in my arms and as Merek looked into the eyes of his son, I saw the horror on his face.


Tristan's eyes glowed the same as the demon in my fevered nightmare, he was not Merek's son.

Merek was furious, and ordered the child destroyed, ignoring my pleas for mercy. As his eyes met mine all the love was gone from them, in it's place was a cold anger. My son, my Tristan was taken from my arms and carried away, his cries and mine mixing into a sound I'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment